The purpose of this study is to look at the usefulness of an internet program called Workout on Wheels (WOWII) to promote exercise and health for people with chronic SCI.
This study is completely remote and does not require in-person visits.
The study will take 6 months to complete. This includes four months of 1-hour weekly meetings (16 meetings total) plus independent exercise (30-40 minutes per week) plus time for training in the use of equipment and completing questionnaires.
- be at least 18 years old
- live with spinal cord injury >12 months
- use a wheelchair at least 50% of the time
- injury level of C5 or lower and able to perform arm-based exercise
- able to independently navigate a website
- physically inactive at present (<150 mins/week of aerobic physical activity)
- are pregnant
- have cognitive impairments that would affect participation
- have medical issues that prevent participation in exercise
Participants will not receive financial compensation for participating in this study, however they will be able to keep the starter package of exercise equipment and the Garmin exercise watch following study participation.