|This project will evaluate the effect of walking robot-assisted gait training during the acute stage post stroke (when the nervous system is most plastic) on improving walking function.|
- Able to physically fit into exoskeleton device.
- Medically able to stand for 30 minutes.
- Have weakness on one side of body.
- Have normal motion of arms and legs for walking with the Robotic Exoskeleton.
- Cleared by Kessler Institute physician to participate in study.
- Had a stroke less than 4 weeks ago.
- Have enough strength to use the hemi walker or walker.
- 21-80 years of age.
- Ability to communicate in English.
- Able to follow directions and commands.
- Have stable blood pressure.
- Willing and able to give informed consent.