This study examines the effect of a novel, hand-grip training on breast cancer-related symptoms of weakness and fatigue.
3 months total. All participants will come to Kessler Foundation in West Orange for an enrollment visit and 5 measurement visits over a 3-month period. Participants assigned to the exercise training group will also receive 30 training sessions (5 training sessions per week for 6 weeks). The sessions can be completed at your home, work or at Kessler Foundation.
- Women who received breast cancer treatment within the past 10 years.
- Aged 40-75.
- Are feeling physically weak from cancer or cancer treatment.
- Must be in stable physical health for the past 3 months.
- Must not be involved in regular strength exercise.
- Must be available for 1-hour training sessions, 5 days/week for 6 weeks in West Orange or at their homes.
All participants receive $300 for the testing visits. Participants selected for a hand-grip exercise group receive an additional $900.