The purpose of this study is to determine the effectiveness and safety of "Mirabegron" compared to "Oxybutynin IR" for a condition called neurogenic detrusor overactivity in individuals with SCI . Neurogenic detrusor overactivity is common in people with SCI and is a medical condition characterized by involuntary urinary bladder contractions.
Approximately 4 months, including 8 visits, with an additional follow-up visit at the end if needed.
- Individuals aged 18-70 years.
- Have limited mobility because of an SCI that occurred at least 12 months prior to the screening visit.
- Level of injury is above T12.
- Method of bladder management is intermittent catheterization or indwelling catheter.
- Have documented neurogenic detrusor overactivity, as determined by a study physician.
- Currently taking oxybutynin or have been told I should take oxybutynin.
Up to $800 for completing the study.