Kessler Foundation, in collaboration with Rutgers New Jersey Medical School (NJMS), is recruiting postdoctoral fellows to conduct stroke rehabilitation research at the Center for Stroke Rehabilitation as part of a team including research scientists, physicians, research coordinators, and research assistants.
Candidates must have a doctorate in neuroscience or related field, with prior research experience in analyzing and processing structural and functional MRI data.
Fellowship program - All fellows participate in an extensive training curriculum and didactic offerings. Administration of the fellowships occurs within the academic Department of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation at Rutgers New Jersey Medical School (RNJMS), Rutgers University in New Jersey. Please consult our website for more information about Kessler and the Fellowship program https://kesslerfoundation.org/researchabout-our-research/postdoctoral-fellowship-program.
• Contributing to ongoing research related to aphasia, acquired dyslexia, spatial neglect, anosognosia, and related cognitive disorders as consequences of stroke;
• Working independently and in collaboration with the Center’s team to perform dedicated tasks in the assigned timeline;
• Maintaining involvement in the fellowship program by participating in didactic lectures and other training activities;
• Assisting with experimental setups, collection, and processing of biomedical data;
• Utilizing existing analyses and developing novel analyses of the interpretation of the experimental data;
• Submitting grant applications to state, federal, and private funding sources independently (under supervision) or collaboratively; and
• Disseminating research findings through peer-reviewed journal publications, conference abstracts, and presentations.
• PhD in in neuroscience, cognitive psychology, experimental psychology, clinical psychology, cognitive neuroscience, neurology, or a related field.
• Prior research experience with human subjects, particularly neurologically impaired populations (such as stroke, TBI, SCI).
• Experience in analyzing and processing structural and functional MRI data.
• Ability to analyze data independently.
• Strong programming skills for stimulus presentation and experiment design (e.g., E-Prime, MATLAB, or Presentation).
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Forward your résumé (MS Word or PDF), salary requirements, and cover letter to [email protected]. Please indicate the position(s) for which you are applying in the subject line.