People who have experienced breast cancer treatment often suffer from long-term symptoms of fatigue and weakness. In this study, investigators intend to study how brain stimulation can help those who have had breast cancer improve performance in a task that typically causes one to fatigue.
My participation in this study will last approximately 2-3 weeks. I will come for a total of three visits to the Kessler Foundation in West Orange. The first visit will last 1-2 hours and I will be consenting, screening and enrolling into the study. The next two visits are testing visits and will last about 3-4 hours per visit and scheduled at least one week apart.
In order to participate, I will meet the following eligibility criteria.
- I am between the ages of 40-75 years old.
- I have been treated for stage 0 or higher, solid tumor breast cancer.
- I have some symptoms/complaints of physical fatigue.
- I have had a breast cancer diagnosis and treatment in the past 10 years.
- I must have a stable physical/health condition for the past 3 months with no expected changes for the duration of the study.
- I am right handed.
- I have the time to become familiarized with the procedures and testing sessions.
I will be receiving $140 at the end of my participation in this study ($70 for each testing visit).