The purpose of this study is to evaluate the effectiveness of Virtual Reality (VR) training programs in improving interview skills in young adults with autism.
All participants complete a mock job interview (recorded via zoom) and tests and questionnaires online (1-2 hours). Participants with autism are randomly assigned to 1 of 2 groups. Group 1 engages in VR job entry training for 12 sessions, 2x/week (1 hour each) through zoom. Group 2 does not complete the 12 sessions and participates in their regular activities.
After training is completed all participants will complete a follow-up assessment.
We are also looking for young adults without autism to participate in our control group. This group will participate in only one 1-2 hour session.
This study is completely remote and does not require in-person visits.
Young adults with autism will be enrolled in the study for approximately 8-10 weeks. Young adults without autism are enrolled for only one visit lasting 1-2 hours.
- Young adults with autism age 16-24
- age-matched typically developing young adults selected for the control group (age 16-24)
- no co-occurring neurological or mental disorders
- must live in the United States.
- Interested in participating in this study? Complete this confidential survey and a research staff member will contact you.
Participants with autism receive $100 for completing the study (8-10 weeks of participation).
Young adults without autism receive $30 for completing the study (1-2 hours of participation).