|In this pilot study, we want to study the neural mechanism of walking in able-bodied subjects and iSCI subjects who have some control of muscles below the level of injury (American Spinal Injury Association Impairment Scale (AIS) D).|
One session of 2-3 hours if able -bodied or an iSCI participant not enrolled in training intervention.
If iSCI participant enrolled in exoskeleton-assisted gait training intervention, 3 testing sessions of 3-4 hours before training, and after 20 and 40 hours of training.
If able bodied:
- Able to give informed consent.
- 18-50 years old.
- Have no physical, neurological or cognitive impairment and able to hold crutches.
- Be of height between 5'3''-6'3''.
- Weigh less than 220 lbs.
- Proficient in English.
If an iSCI subject, you will have to meet the above requirements and the following:
- Neurological level between C6-T10, and an impairment of either C or D.
- Medically stable at time of enrollment.
- No history of seizures.
- Have a low spasticity score.
- Have a lower extremity motor score greater than 17.
- Injury occurred more than 1 year but less than 2 years ago.
$50 for each testing session.