The purpose of this research study is to compare the effect of two different types of group education and support programs for partner caregivers of people with SCI.
This study is completely remote and does not require in-person visits.
The study takes 8 months to complete, including:
- Baseline questionnaires (90 minutes)
- 6 weeks of online wellness classes (75 minutes each)
- Short-term follow-up questionnaires during week 8 (90 minutes)
- Long-term follow-up questionnaires at the 3 month and 6 month marks (90 minutes each)
- Interview with a member of the study team (30-60 minutes).
- Individuals who are at least 18 years old
- Who are in a romantic relationship with a person with SCI for at least one year prior to their injury
- Whose partner's injury occurred at least 6 months ago
- Whose partner was discharged from inpatient rehabilitation at least 3 months ago
- Who provide care to their partner on a daily basis
- Who have access to the internet in a private location.
Participants who complete the study will receive up to $600.