The position’s primary focus is to manage the weekly calendar scheduling for over seven different core lines of research, including testing, training, environment, and equipment usage.
- Work with Director and Principal Investigators (PIs) to coordinate all aspects of data collection and to schedule participants’ screening evaluations with physician(s)/clinician(s) and nurses (including motor evaluations, functional neurophysiological evaluations, cardiovascular evaluations, bowel/bladder evaluations, spasticity testing, etc.). Rotate staff expertise to specific testing cores.
- Ensure proper allocation of resources and equipment for simultaneous and overlapping testing and training sessions.
- Address potential research participants’ inquiries as well as current participants’ questions/requests in an efficient and timely manner.
- Identify the need for supplies/equipment and coordinate purchases and deliveries.
- Oversee updates made to the testing and training databases and ensure database backups are generated in specific time intervals.
- Coordinate setup of PowerPoint presentations and update the reference management database (Endnote, Mendeley, etc.).
- Maintain “advocate or buddy schedule” and monitor weekly progress with each research technician for all core lines of research.
- Ensure effective communication with the Director and PIs and keep them informed about the progress of each research study.
- Coordinate and organize documentation as needed for interns and visitors.
- Bachelor’s degree in Epidemiology, Biostatistics, Engineering, or other quantitative discipline.
- At least five years of relevant research and management experience in the healthcare industry.
- Deep understanding of the research process and project cycle from study initiation to completion.
- Knowledge of study design, experimental research, clinical trials, and general research methodologies.
- Understanding of the complexity of research testing areas and usage for several lines of research; understanding of research milestones for testing procedures, and the overall sequence of events during testing sessions.
- Ability to work independently and collaborate as a part of a multi-disciplinary team.
- Ability to be flexible and manage multiple projects based on workflow demands.
- Self-starter with the inclination to ask questions, understand problems, and determine steps to arrive at solutions.
- Strong skills in time management, organization, attention to detail, and verbal and written communication.
Forward your résumé (MS Word or PDF) and salary requirements to [email protected]. Please indicate the position(s) for which you are applying in the subject line.