Location: West Orange, NJ view map
The position’s primary focus is on coordinating mixed-methods (qualitative and quantitative) research studies. Additional responsibilities include supporting the interpretation of study findings and preparation of results for dissemination. The ongoing multidisciplinary studies include program implementation and evaluation and community-based disability projects that investigate issues related to health equity, social determinants of health, and outcomes in persons with spinal cord injury and their caregivers.
- Supervise and/or conduct participant enrollment — identify, track, and obtain consent from potential participants.
- Interview study participants according to research protocols.
- Coordinate data coding/collection and manage qualitative and quantitative databases.
- Work collaboratively with senior scientists to implement efficient data management and analytic strategies; perform applicable statistical data analysis under the direction of senior scientific staff.
- Support the interpretation of findings and preparation of results for dissemination.
- Assist in preparing grant applications (e.g., prepare supporting documents, edit proposals and literature reviews, etc.).
- Bachelor's degree with 2+ years of experience in quantitative data analysis, or master’s degree in the social or health sciences (i.e., Sociology, Psychology, Public Health, Public Policy).
- Proficiency in using statistical software such as Stata, SPSS, or SAS (Stata preferred).
- Experience with NVIVO qualitative data analysis software.
- Demonstrated experience in data management with a variety of data sources (survey, administrative, and medical data).
- Experience with descriptive statistical analysis.
- Strong communication (verbal and written) skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Ability to collaborate effectively with colleagues.
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, and Adobe.
- Experience working in a medical environment and/or working with persons with disabilities.
- Experience with qualitative and quantitative data management, statistical analyses, and scientific writing.
• Fluency in Spanish.
Forward your résumé (MS Word or PDF), salary requirements, and cover letter to [email protected]. Please indicate the position(s) for which you are applying in the subject line.