The position involves working collaboratively with a scientific team to implement a project demonstrating the feasibility of using a smartphone application enabled with GPS tracking and an ecological momentary assessment survey to assess how adults with severe mobility impairments interact with their communities. The research assistant role will support participant enrollment, data collection, and data management. Qualified candidates should have experience with research involving human subjects, interviewing using qualitative and quantitative data collection techniques, data management, and excellent communication skills.
- Conduct all aspects of participant enrollment, recruiting, and consenting.
- Interview study participants according to research protocols.
- Coordinate data collection and manage study databases.
- Perform data analysis under the direction of senior scientific staff.
- Provide support to project dissemination activities as directed.
- Adhere to all human subjects protection policies and maintain related files at the highest level of completeness and accuracy required by the IRB for the type of research.
- Bachelor's degree with two plus years of experience in quantitative data analysis, OR master's degree in the social or health sciences (i.e., sociology, psychology, public health, public policy).
- Experience in the use of data analytic software for either quantitative (e.g Stata, SPSS, or SAS) or qualitative (e.g. NVivo) analytic software. Experience with GIS analysis and software (e.g., ArcGIS) a plus.
- Demonstrated experience in data management with a variety of data sources (survey, administrative, and medical data).
- Strong verbal and written skills.
- Strong organizational skills enabling effective collaboration with senior scientific staff.
- Proficiency in Microsoft applications including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Adobe.
- Experience working in a medical environment and/or working with persons with disabilities.
Forward your résumé (MS Word or PDF) and salary requirements to career@KesslerFoundation.org. Please indicate the position(s) for which you are applying in the subject line.