Location: West Orange, NJ
Kessler Foundation, in collaboration with Rutgers - New Jersey Medical School, is seeking applicants for a postdoctoral fellowship. The two-year program prepares scientists for a career in rehabilitation research within the specialty areas of stroke rehabilitation, cognitive rehabilitation, and neurorehabilitation.
All fellows participate in an extensive training curriculum and didactic offerings. Multidisciplinary mentored training opportunities are individually tailored to achieve specific goals considering each fellow’s prior background and interests. Learn more about Kessler Foundation's post doctoral fellowship program.
Participate in a project investigating the impact of spatial neglect on rehabilitation outcomes among individuals with stroke, traumatic brain injury, or other causes of brain damage, and the impact of implementing standardized functional assessment and treatment procedures on the quality of clinical care. (PI: Peii Chen, PhD, email@example.com).
- Develop own mentored research project, and work on other projects, in diverse patient populations, including traumatic brain injury, cancer, multiple sclerosis, spinal cord injury, and stroke.
- Work on various aspects of research projects from inception (study formulation, grant-writing, etc.) through dissemination (conference presentation and manuscript publication), with opportunities to collaborate with clinicians.
PhD in a field relevant to rehabilitation, such as psychology, occupational therapy, physical therapy, or a closely related field. Doctoral candidates planning dissertation research on topics relevant to rehabilitation are also encouraged to apply.
- Strong research skills; proficiency in quantitative methods.
- Research experience involving human subjects
- Excellent written communication skills.
- Eligibility to work in the U.S
- History of publication and presentation of original research.
When applying, please include résumé, contact information of three references, and a cover letter summarizing relevant research expertise, experience, and interests. Please apply to career@KesslerFoundation.org.