Location: West Orange, NJ
Kessler Foundation is seeking an experienced technologist to operate a research dedicated 3.0 T Siemens Skyra MRI scanner housed in our state-of-the-art Neuroimaging Center. The MRI Technologist will be an integral member of the staff, and will assist the physicist in operation of the scanner. The ideal candidate should be enthusiastic about neuro-rehabilitation research and will fit in well with our experienced team of neuroscientists, neuropsychologists and engineers.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Performing routine MRI tasks including scheduling, screening, and scanning subjects, as well as data management;
- Assisting with the training of new users in MR safety, scanner operation, and other aspects of user education;
- Performing routine image quality assurance (QA) and helping with regular maintenance and troubleshooting; and
- Handling administrative duties, including providing regular reports, greeting research participants, and answering the phone.
- Bachelor’s degree with technical training and extensive experience in magnetic resonance imaging;
- Two years of experience with human MRI scanning;
- Ability to work well with our team of neuroscientists, neuropsychologists, and engineers;
- Excellent communication and troubleshooting skills; and
- Responsible, well-organized, and detail-oriented.
- Completion of an approved Radiological Technology program that meets the requirements set by the ASRT and the New Jersey Certification Board;
- Licensed by the New Jersey State-DEP and registered by the ARRT (RT,R,MR); and
- Experience with Siemens MRI scanners.
Forward your résumé (MS Word or PDF) and salary requirements to career@KesslerFoundation.org. Please indicate the position(s) for which you are applying in the subject line.