Location: West Orange, NJ
Kessler Foundation, in collaboration with Children’s Specialized Hospital in New Brunswick, New Jersey, is seeking an applicant for a Postdoctoral Fellowship in Pediatric Rehabilitation Research. This two-year program prepares scientists for a career in rehabilitation research and disability studies with a focus on the specialty areas of pediatric rehabilitation and outcomes research.
All fellows participate in an extensive training curriculum and didactic offerings. Multidisciplinary mentored training opportunities are individually tailored to achieve specific goals considering each fellow’s prior background and interests. Learn more about Kessler Foundation's postdoctoral fellowship program.
- PhD in a field relevant to medical rehabilitation or disability studies, such as psychology, occupational therapy, vocational rehabilitation, public health, or a related discipline. Doctoral candidates planning dissertation research in these fields are also encouraged to apply. The dissertation defense must be completed prior to beginning fellowship.
- An expressed interest in pursuing a career research focused on the health, well-being and community integration of children with special health care needs.
- Strong research skills.
- Excellent academic record.
- Human subjects research experience.
- Eligibility to work in the U.S.
- Proficiency in quantitative methods.
- History of publication and presentation of original research.
- Experience with children and/or people with disabilities.
When applying, please include résumé; a cover letter detailing research background, and training experience; three letters of recommendation; a copy of graduate program transcripts; and copies of publications or manuscripts that illustrate your research. Please apply to career@KesslerFoundation.org. Please direct questions to Amanda L. Botticello, PhD, MPH at firstname.lastname@example.org