East Hanover, NJ
The position’s primary focus will be on creating strategic communications that enhance the visibility and reputation of the Foundation. Areas of responsibility will include managing media relations, publications, web, and social media.
- Manage media and public relations; monitor media coverage and social media activity. Assist with regional/national outreach.
- Supervise (and collaborate with) communication staff to plan and implement projects.
- Perform range of tasks — including researching ,writing, editing, copy editing, proofreading, interviewing, and reporting — for the development of media materials (print, video, and audio).
- Promote the Foundation’s research, work, and mission through a variety of communications channels such as print, web, and social media.
- Plan, develop, manage, and promote special projects related to disability employment.
- Liaise with colleagues (management, development staff, researchers) and external contacts (public relations contacts, government relations firms, agencies, collaborators) to promote the Foundation’s activities.
- Formulate style guidelines, policies, and standards for marketing, publications, media outreach, and internal communications activities.
- Analyze/summarize communications activities, including media outreach, media monitoring, and social media analytics.
- Minimum of 10 years of professional experience in public affairs, public relations, health policy, and/or related field, including experience designing, managing, and supporting communication strategies for medical/scientific/pharmaceutical audiences.
- Bachelor’s and/or master’s degree in English, Journalism, or related field preferred.
- Superior written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficiency in Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Strong decision-making ability and attention to detail.
- Ability to prioritize/manage multiple projects simultaneously and meet deadlines
To apply, please send résumé, three writing samples (news releases, blogs, and/or feature stories), and cover letter to Career@KesslerFoundation.org.