Location: East Hanover, NJ
Reports to Director, Information Technology
Primary focus: Provide first-level desktop support for OS, applications, and hardware. Work with Network Engineer and other IT staff to refine the overall user experience by suggesting improvements to the current desktop infrastructure and the underlying technologies.
- Troubleshoot and resolve application-related issues and provide alternative solutions by utilizing root-cause analysis techniques.
- Support users by onboarding, handling resolution and follow-up on issues, and providing guidance/instructions.
- Create and decommission user accounts.
- Use ticketing system for managing work queue; record technical issues and solutions.
- Test/deploy applications to users’ laptops and workstations; configure workstation hardware using WDS and/or other tools; provision and support new equipment.
- Support remote users with network access using Citrix or VPN connections.
- Install and troubleshoot VoIP phones.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills, with ability to relate technical issues to non-technical people.
- Working knowledge of Active Directory and Group Policy in an enterprise environment.
- At least two years of experience in the following:
- Supporting Microsoft Office Suite, Outlook/Exchange systems, Windows 7-10, and Linux.
- Troubleshooting software, hardware, and network issues.
- Working with office automation products and computer peripherals, such as printers and scanners.
- Basic understanding of the following:
- LAN/WAN technologies and topologies.
- VMware Infrastructure.
- Microsoft Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, and associated components.
- Ability to manage own work with minimal direction, and develop skills to become back-up for network engineer.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field.
- Knowledge of Windows Server 2008-2016.
Forward your résumé (MS Word or PDF) and salary requirements to career@KesslerFoundation.org. Please indicate the position(s) for which you are applying in the subject line.