Location: East Hanover, NJ
Primary focus of the position is to process accounts payable and maintain accounting records; complete computer entries of financial transactions; prepare related reports and monthly financial statements.
- Process all accounts payable functions: code invoices, input invoices into accounts payable system, match invoices with purchase orders, set up new vendors, and ensure that necessary approvals are obtained.
- Handle check printing.
- Work with Controller on preparation of 1099 forms and filing of all documentation related to payments.
- Assist Controller and Grants Manager, run reports, and keep abreast of changes in the organization that have an impact on accounting functions.
- Maintain W-9 forms, contracts, leases, and miscellaneous agreements.
- Assist in financial variance analysis.
- Associate’s and/or bachelor’s degree in Accounting.
- At least three years of related accounting experience.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- At least one year of experience with NetSuite accounting system.
- Superior attention to detail.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects, follow through on issues in a timely manner, and meet deadlines. This position requires flexibility and ability to meet deadlines, particularly during year-end closings.
- Ability to work independently and to function collaboratively as a valued member of the accounting team.
- Proficiency in MS Excel.
- Experience in nonprofit and/or grants accounting.
Forward your résumé (MS Word or PDF) and salary requirements to career@KesslerFoundation.org. Please indicate the position(s) for which you are applying in the subject line.