Primary focus of the position is to process accounts payable and to assist Controller with journal entries, payroll and related accounting functions in a small nonprofit. This position requires overtime as needed, particularly during month-end and year-end closings.
- Associate’s degree in Accounting with least three years of related accounting experience.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Proficiency in MS Excel.
- Superior attention to detail.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects, follow through on issues in a timely manner, and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work independently and to function as a valued member of the accounting team.
- Experience in nonprofit and/or grants accounting.
- Experience with Sage accounting system.
- Experience with ADP payroll systems.
Location: East Hanover, NJ