Volunteers are typically compensated for their time. We may be able to assist with transportation, or travel to your home. Please speak with our Research Recruitment Specialist for more information.
Below are the studies that are currently recruiting participants with TBI. You can also download a flyer of all current studies here. This listing was last updated on 11/2/2016.
Effect of Metacognition in TBI (flyer)
The purpose of this study is to evaluate the effectiveness of a treament to improve metacognition (your ability to think about your own thinking) in TBI.
- If you participate, you’ll complete tests of thinking skills (4 hours), an MRI scan (1 hour), and a 7 week listening intervention. After the intervention, you will complete follow-up testing/follow-up MRI scan.
- To qualify, you must be 18-64 years of age, medically cleared for an MRI scan, have no hisotry of psychiatric conditions or drug/alcohol abuse, and have a TBI which occured at least one year ago.
Hand Coordination & Weakness in TBI (flyer)
This study examines the effect of handgrip training on hand coordination & weakness after TBI
- If you participate, you’ll complete 3 measurement visits which include performing handgrip exercises in an fMRI. You will also attend 3 training sessions a week for 4 weeks
- To qualify, you must be between 20 and 60, right-handed, have a documented moderate to severe TBI, and have trouble with hand coordination and muscle strength.
Home-based Arm & Hand Exercise in TBI (flyer)
The purpose of this study is to examine whether a home-based arm & hand exercise program improves functions of the upper limb in people with TBI
- If you participate, you’ll complete 1-2 screening sessions at Kessler Foundation to determine eligibility. If you meet study criteria, you will complete 3 weeks of daily home-based arm & hand exercise.
- To qualify, you must be between 20 and 60 years old, have weakness in one upper limb, have no diagnosis of neurlogical illness, no psychiatric conditions, no significant history of alcohol or drug abuse, and have moderate to severe TBI.
- If you participate, you'll complete baseline testing, 5 weeks of computer activities (2 1/2 hours each week), and either a 6-month follow-up assessment, or once-monthly sessions with a therapist (1 hour each session for 5 months). There is an option to participate in MRI scans as part of the study.
- To qualify, you must be between 18 and 59, have no neurological illness other than TBI, and no psychiatric conditions, or significant history of alcohol or drug abuse.
Have other questions? Click here to view Frequently Asked Questions about our research.
Want to see other studies? Click here to return to our "Join Our Research Studies" page.
To contact our Research Recruitment Specialist directly, email email@example.com.
If you are interested in enrolling in these studies, fill out the form below. Our research recruitment specialist will contact you.